Malta Yacht Registrations
You may register a yacht/ship under Malta flag even in the name of a foreign individual or company.
Therefore, there is no need for a client to register a Maltese shipping company. Please find hereunder description of such type of registrations:
Since the enactment of the Merchant Shipping Act in 1973, it was a pre-requisite for a ship/yacht to be wholly owned by Maltese entities for registration under Malta flag. However, in terms of the introduction of the Ships Eligible for Registration Regulations, an International Owner, whether an entity or an individual, is considered as qualified to own a Maltese ship/yacht or share therein, provided certain requirements are satisfied.
a. By citizens of a Member State of the European Union (EU) showing:
– Certified true copy of passport
– Original Declaration of Appointment of Resident Agent , duly notarized and apostilled
b. By foreign bodies corporate/legal entities:
– Original Memorandum & Articles of Association of Incorporation
– Good Standing Certificate
– Original Declaration of Appointment of Resident Agent, duly notarized and apostilled
– Legal Opinion duly notarized and apostilled, confirming that the corporate records of the corporate body/entity have been examined and giving the details of the directors and holders of office and of persons authorized to represent the corporate body/entity and to bind it with their signature and to appoint resident agent (Incumbency Letter)