Belize Fishing Licenses & Fishing Vessel Registration for the High Seas (High Seas Fishing)
Registering of fishing vessels under the Belize Flag is also subject to the provisions of the applicable High Seas Fishing Act, 2003 of the Republic of Belize. The requirements include the filing of an Application Form for a License to Fish on the High Seas as well as the installation of a Vessel Monitoring System (VMS) utilizing various INMARSAT communication protocols (INMARSAT C or INMARSAT Mini C or INMARSAT D+). Fishing vessels which land their catch at ports of member States of the European Union (EU) are requested to comply with a special sanitary inspection in compliance and in accordance with the relevant EU/EC Directives and applicable laws.
- A Contracting Party of the International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas (ICCAT).
- A Cooperating Non-Contracting Party of the Inter-American Tropical Tuna Commission (IATC).
- A Cooperating Non-Contracting Party of North East Atlаntic Fisheries Commissions (NEAFC).
Everything you need to know about Belize Fishing Licenses
- Application Form for Registration completed in its entirety and duly signed by the applicant. pdf
- Application Form for License to Fish on the High Seas. pdf
- Application Form for Maritime Ship Station License duly completed. pdf
- Official document proving ownership of vessel, i.e. Notarized Bill of Sale, Notarized Builder’s Certificate or Copy of a Current Certificate of Registry.
- Power of Attorney duly notarized, thereby appointing a Shipping Agent in Belize. doc
- Letter of Confirmation from the Authorized Radio Accounting Entity undertaking the payment of the vessel’s radio accounts.
Below is the list of documents required for Permanent Registration of a fishing vessel:
- Original or certified true copy of the Power of Attorney duly notarized, thereby appointing a Shipping Agent in Belize.
- Original or Certified True Copy of a Notarized Bill of Sale or Builder’s Certificate.
- Original Deletion Certificate from Previous Flag.
- Copies of all Statutory Certificates issued by an Authorized Recognized Organization on behalf of the Government of Belize including the Fishing Vessel Safety Certificate and International Tonnage Certificate
In addition to the above, all Fishing Vessels regardless of size are required to have on board a vessel monitoring system (VMS) – see fishing vessels Circular FVC-08/06 – Vessel Monitoring System. If at the time of registration the vessel does not have a VMS then owner are granted one month to purchase and install a compatible equipment.
Please note that the relative fees for the registration of fishing vessels are dependent of the gross tonnage of the vessel and therefore can be obtained at the time of official application for registration.
Belize Fishing Licenses & Fishing Vessel Registration Testimonials
"I had the arduous task of researching how to get Belize fishing licenses and vessel registration for our companies new fleet. After reaching out to a few consultants who ended up wasting my time, I discovered International Ship Registries. They provided very straightforward instructions and information that made the registration process quick and easy. I wish I would have contacted them from the very beginning. I would have saved a lot of time and energy."
"We had been wanting to expand to fishing operation to Belize for over a decade. My business partner and I finally decided to make the leap in 2018 and International Ship Registries came highly recommended by several other contacts we communicated with in our industry. We were prepared for months of back and forth, hours of paperwork, and headache after headache, but it was the exact opposite! If you need help with Belize fishing licenses, these are the people to use!"